Yoga Teacher Training
200 Hour Yoga Alliance Professionals Accredited Yoga Teacher Training Course
Become a safe and effective yoga teacher and build your yoga business. My course will equip you with the knowledge, skills, techniques, and confidence to get out in the world at the end of the course and teach safe and effective yoga, creatively individualised to each and every person in your class. You will also know how to build a professional and successful business. The course will allow you to develop your own style of teaching, teaching yoga which is evidence-based.
Whilst this course is offered in its online format the course can start and finish as you need. The only stipulation is that the course is completed within 9 calendar months. The progress within that time can be to suit yourself. The live workshops can be agreed between us at the start of the course or as you progress through it.
This blended approach brings together three core elements:
- classroom-based activities with us teaching live;
- online learning materials;
- independent study using materials provided by us online, to reinforce concepts or develop skills.
Blended learning can help to bring together the main advantages of synchronous learning:
- teacher presence;
- immediate feedback.
It can combine these with the main advantages of asynchronous learning:
So you get the learning you need and the pace and at the time that you need it. We facilitate, coach, and mentor you to become the best teacher that you can be.
As we are both sports coaches as well as yoga teachers we ensure that you finish the course with an understanding of sports science and how it applies to yoga. Kate had a studio in the UK for 15 years and has had experience of teaching a very wide variety of students and experience of the business of yoga and marketing classes and courses in a studio setting, halls, gyms, and private locations for groups and individuals, and now teaching online. Our aim is to ensure that our graduates feel confident and competent to teach yoga which is safe and effective and to be able to market them to gain the students you deserve.
This course will equip you to be a yoga teacher in any general setting. You may later wish to attend one of our specialist sports courses to further your knowledge of working in greater depth with athletes.
Breakdown Of The Course Syllabus
- Techniques, training and practice: 100 hours (minimum contact time with the Senior Yoga Teacher: 90 hours);
- Teaching methodology: 20 hours (minimum contact time with the Senior Yoga Teacher: 14 hours);
- Anatomy and physiology: 18 hours (minimum contact time with the Senior Yoga Teacher: 12 hours);
- Yoga philosophy, lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers: 20 hours (minimum contact time with the Senior Yoga Teacher: 16 hours);
- Teaching practice: 20 hours (minimum contact time with the Senior Yoga Teacher: 16 hours);
- Business aspects of teaching yoga: 3 hours (minimum contact time with the Senior Yoga Teacher: 3 hours);
- Directed self-study and written work: 19 hours.
Total course hours: 200 hours
Total contact time: 181 hours
Total minimum contact hours with the Senior Yoga Teacher is 141 hours.
The Senior Yoga Teacher and Lead Trainer is Kate. The Co-Trainer is Ian.
Prospective students must have at least 2 years’ prior experience of yoga. You should have a love of the practice of yoga and the right attitude to learning. While your own practice will be transformed by the course, this training is not about teaching you yoga but instead about teaching you to become a great teacher. Your knowledge and repertoire of how to work with yoga will be transformed but you will benefit from having the basic knowledge and practice in place.
If you do not already have this prior experience you may wish to do some individual learning with us beforehand in order to increase your knowledge and experience. Ultimately you will only give as a teacher from the experience base you have and it is worth waiting a little longer before applying for teacher training in order to gain the most from the course and subsequently give the most as a teacher.
What are the Core Subject Areas?
Our courses adhere to the strict standards and guidelines set by Yoga Alliance Professionals. We include a practical and theory based approach throughout the course and encourage questions and discussions throughout our time together.
The Course Includes
- Yoga asana
- Anatomy and physiology
- Subtle anatomy
- Yoga philosophy
- Meditation and relaxation
- The basics of Ayurveda
- Living the 8 limbs of yoga
- Teaching methods and ethics
- The business of yoga
- Home study and self-practice
Instead of a formal final exam a process of continuous assessment will run throughout the course. After each assessment students must display that they have taken on board the feedback and development advice. Any areas requiring an ability to demonstrate a level of competence are based on an ability to evidence the competence ‘more often than not’. Feedback and advice will given after each assessment.
A practical assessment in which you plan and teach three yoga classes; and four written papers.
Please also read our Yoga Teacher Training Course policy documents.
Ready To Start Your Yoga Teacher Training?
The course starts when you are ready. The link here will take you to our shop where you can pay for your place. You then have 9 months to complete your course at your pace. If you are not ready to start now or have further questions then please use the contact form to get in touch.
100 Hour Teaching Yoga To Athletes Course For Yoga Teachers
As a Yoga Alliance Professionals Specialist Yoga Teacher I am able to offer this course for qualified yoga teachers as an addition to your yoga teaching qualification. This course will enable you to effectively offer yoga for athletes with an understanding of the components of fitness and principles of periodised sports training for a range of athletes. The course is also suitable for sports coaches and physiotherapists who wish to be knowledgeable about the effectiveness and suitability of yoga as a tool for athletes.
Breakdown Of The Course Content
- Where yoga and sports science meet: the similarities, the differences, and the myths (2 hours);
- The components of fitness and principles of periodised training and how they can be met with yoga practice (3 hours);
- Postural analysis and identifying the impact of daily living and movement and mobility on sports performance (3 hours);
- Exploration of the essential components of movement, mobility, stability and technique for the individual athlete (10 hours);
- Anatomy and physiology of yoga and how yoga fits with a fitness demands analysis for your sport (2 hours);
- Physical practice of yoga postures, including ways to regress, progress, and modify (20 hours);
- Sequencing of postures to maximise their specificity and functionality for athletes (6 hours);
- Overview of yoga philosophy, lifestyle, and ethics, and how they relate to sport (2 hours);
- Psychological aspects of athletic development: mindfulness, management of state and trait anxiety; and visualisation as powerful tools for athletes (2 hours);
- The use of breathing practices to improve muscular and psychological performance (2 hours);
- Teaching methodology and teaching practice (6 hours);
- Considerations for working alongside other professionals such as physios and coaches (2 hours);
- Directed self-study, home practice, and written case study (40 hours).
- Each module of the course is a combination of theory and practice with plenty of opportunity to deepen your learning through active participation and experience.
Total course hours: 100 hours
Total minimum contact time: 60 hours
Total minimum contact hours with the Senior Yoga Teacher is 60 hours.
The Senior Yoga Teacher and Lead Trainer is Kate Taylor. The Co-Trainer is Ian Taylor.
Please also read our Yoga Teacher Training Course policy documents.
You may also be interested in our Yoga For Athletes course for Practitioners.
We can also offer a version of this course for sports coaches. Please contact us if you would like to book us to teach a CPD day for coaches at your location.
Ready To Develop Your Yoga Teaching Further?
The course starts when you are ready. The link here will take you to our shop where you can pay for your place. You then have 6 months to complete your course at your pace. If you are not ready to start now or have further questions then please use the contact form to get in touch.